July 5, 2023

Are Your Sparkling?

Tuesday was our 4th of July Independence Day celebration here in the US. Where I live there was a very patriotic parade in the morning and fireworks in the evening. Above is a photo of some very lovely horses that were in the parade.  

“Sparkling” was going on all over, as Utah allows certain legal fireworks that can be shot off on one’s private property, in the street in front of one’s house, and in many designated areas around our town in addition to the airport.  When I first moved here about 3 ½ years ago, I was kind of shocked to see privately launched fireworks that would have been illegal in Colorado, Montana, and Illinois where I had previously lived.  They went way up into the sky! 

So I would like to ask you—do you sparkle?  Do you show your energy and enthusiasm?  Do you let others see the spark of the Divine that shines within you?  Do you walk the earth as spirit having a temporary spiritual experience?  Below is a photo of the pompom girls from the local high school as they marched in the parade.  Talk about sparkle and enthusiasm! 

I just love watching fireworks.  Perhaps they remind me of that energy and the spark of the Divine within.  When I was a kid, my parents never took us to see them.  Maybe that is why I never miss a chance to go to a fireworks display even now.  And of course, here, there is so much going on in the neighborhood, that all one needs to do is look around.  Below are some photos from last night.  The fireworks were shot off at our local airport, and I was on a hill overlooking that, so you can see some of the lights of passing cars and from local buildings in the shots.


 



Ask yourself if you have lost that sparkle for life.  We all have that.  It just is a matter of living it.  Are you hiding your light under a barrel, as the old saying goes?  It is time to take that barrel away.  Own your light. 

Perhaps meditating on any of the fireworks photos above will ignite your spark.  Then all you need to do is embody and own that spark.  Let it grow within you and show it to the world. 

This final shot was taken at the end of the display.  Something blew up at the location, and I was not sure if that was really the end or if what was left was what blew up.  Not to worry, as I highly doubt that you will blow up when  you ignite your spark of the Divine within!

No comments:

Post a Comment