February 26, 2021

Winding Down

 

The next day, after a nice morning hike with guests at the resort, down time with a massage in the afternoon, and a great dinner, here I am with my birthday cupcake.  It was delicious!  To top it off, there was a sound meditation that evening.  I had a very nice day.  

The next morning, I did a hike on a local trail on my own, feeling like I needed some alone time away from the resort.  The trail was called Johnson Canyon Trail, and it started just at the entrance to Snow Canyon State Park. 

The main attraction here is a large arch about half way into the canyon itself.

After you pass the arch, the canyon narrows and the sides get steeper as you keep on going.

At the very end, you are boxed in, with towering rock walls all around you. I was all alone at this point, and sat on a boulder watching a pair of ravens carrying sticks to their nesting site.  They were murmuring to each other the whole time.  It was magical.  Then these 2 guys showed up, and I left to hike out shortly after that. 
On my way out, and another view of the arch.

Here are a few more photos of the area around the entrance to the canyon.


In the center of the photo below, you can see where the start of the canyon is.


No comments:

Post a Comment