February 24, 2021

Snow Canyon State Park

Each day at the resort, a variety of activities were offered.  On my first morning there, I chose to do a “Challenge” hike.  It turned out to be quite a challenge, and I ended up switching to the next level down, the “Explorer” hike the next day. 

Our group gathered at 8 AM, and drove over to Snow Canyon State Park, which was just down the road.  Here are photos of our hike on the Hidden Pinyon Trail.  Lots of scrambling up and down rock faces and even sliding through a slot canyon. 


A nice video!

 
Here are a few photos of the resort.  Clearly, it is located in the desert!


That afternoon, during some free time, I walked the labyrinth that was just behind the building where I was staying.  This particular labyrinth is set up in a spiral pattern, and it is quite large.  It is very important to walk a labyrinth very slowly and in a purposeful manner with intent.  What should the intent be?  That is up to you.  I like to walk from the outside to the center intending to release anything that no longer serves me.  I keep repeating this intent and really feeling it all the way in.  I then spend some time in the center expanding in gratitude and appreciation before making the journey back to the outside.  On the way out, my intent is to call in and embrace all of the positive changes that I am looking for.   This whole process can be very powerful, and my sense is that it does shift your DNA.  If any of you have a labyrinth nearby, I encourage you to make use of it frequently.  My last post will describe another labyrinth that I walked on my last day of the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment