February 27, 2021

Kayenta

It was Sunday morning, and time to check out of the resort and head back home.  The afternoon before I had some free time, so I drove the short distance west to a very unique subdivision called Kayenta to wander through their Art Village and shopping area.  I had visited a friend there back in about 2004, but I believe that the shops, theater, and art center were not yet built back then.  Driving away in my car, I noticed that they also had a labyrinth,  but I did not have time to visit it.  So, as inspiration would have it, I decided to drive back over to Kayenta and walk their labyrinth before heading back to Cedar City.

Surrounding the Kayenta Desert Rose Labyrinth is a botanical garden and numerous works of art.   Being a Sunday morning, the whole place was deserted and had an amazing feeling of peace and tranquility.  Here are some of the sculptures around the property.





The labyrinth itself is a classical 11 circuit, which I think is the best kind.  It is surrounded by benches, desert trees and shrubs, and some of the art work.  As I did with the spiral labyrinth at the resort, I set my intent for release going in, and my intent for my positive outcome coming out.  I walked very slowly, and got into an altered state of consciousness by doing so.  Wow!  What an experience!  By the time I was done, I was floating.  Here is the labyrinth from several angles.


As I sat on a bench collecting myself after this amazing experience, a desert cottontail popped out of the bushes.  My Chinese astrological sign is the rabbit, and I took this to be a positive omen for my days of R & R in SW Utah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment