March 14, 2021

Holding Space

 

Yesterday, I received word that a friend of mine, who has been battling her latest occurrence of cancer for several years now, has taken a turn for the worst and has entered Hospice for her end of life care.  She has put up a valiant fight, being able to travel around the country to visit a whole host of traditional and alternative practitioners.  I am sure that because of this, her life span has been extended, but now she is at the end. 

I have written often about the death process and the Shamanic Death Rites that I perform on those who have just recently passed, and even those who have passed years ago.  I have not had the privilege of attending to a person who is in the process of passing.  Because of distance, time involved and COVID, I would not be able to attend to my friend personally.  Her husband would also have to request my assistance, but he is not spiritually minded, so I do not even know if he is aware that she would need energetic help in passing. 

So what to do? What can you do in these circumstances?  I am not sure if my friend had removed her chakras, but that is something that I could easily find out if I wanted to.  Also, if she is now in Hospice care, undoubtedly she will be given morphine for pain.  As I have written several times before, morphine lowers the vibration of the individual making it harder for them to leave their body at the time of death, and can even extend the amount of time that one is stuck in the body waiting to pass. 

The important thing to remember here is that unless requested, we do not have the right or permission to interfere with the person’s process under these circumstances.  I am comfortable, however, with applying some passive and somewhat indirect assistance.  What I will be doing until she passes will be first to sit quietly and in a meditative state.  I then will expand my Core Essence until I feel that I have enveloped her essence within that vessel of higher dimensional energy.  Then, I will broadcast to her general messages of reassurance and support, holding that for as long as I can.  It is very important, since I have not been requested to do anything specific, that I have no agenda or intent other than holding the space for her transition.

 It is my assumption that because she will probably be given morphine, that by holding a higher dimensional space for her, it will in some way counteract the vibrational lowering effect of that drug.  Again, I emphasize that no direct action to help or fix anything should be taken.  I know that there are a lot of healers who ask the client’s Higher Self for permission to interfere, but that is not something that I can agree with, as no healer is a clear enough vessel to be able to receive that permission.  Passive support is always the way to go. 

After my friend passes, I will certainly track her to see if she has gone to the light, and send her there if she hasn't.  I don't need anyone's permission to do that.  It is a service to the soul of the deceased, as  no one deserves to be stuck between the worlds after death. 

2 comments:

  1. Carla
    Is your friend unable to speak on the phone to give permission?
    By the way I recieve the newsletter at my new email, however my old one shows up below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not appropriate at this time to solicit her permission. Unless prearrangements are made by the one who is getting ready to pass, it is best not to interfere, as that person is now on their path to death, and that cannot be altered. As to your other concern, you might try unsubscribing and resubscribing with your new information. That might work.

    ReplyDelete