July 14, 2024

Saturday Fun

Yesterday was the annual Cedar City Jamboree, which is a fund raiser for the local chapter of the International Rotary club.  The funds raised are donated to a whole host of worthy causes.  The highlight of the event is the classic car show, in addition to lots of venders selling all sorts of things, including food.  Main Street was cordoned off for several blocks to accommodate the cars and crowds. 

I always enjoy attending, but because of the heat this year, I wasn’t sure I would go, let alone do any photography.  I am glad that I went, as there were many cars on display that I hadn’t seen before.  Let me say that I do not know much about cars.  I enjoy admiring the artistic value and “personality” of each.  They speak to me in a very subtle way.  I am also sure that some of that has to do with the many hundreds of hours that their owners have spent restoring some of them, and the pride that is taken with the results.  So here are some of the outstanding personalities!











So, can a machine have consciousness?  The cars above certainly look like they do.  What about the Taylor Swift car below.  That one was "speaking" to a lot of people!



Here are a few license plates that were certainly a reflection of their owners consciousness.



Now here is a car that I had never seen before.  It is an excessively expensive Karma Revero. 

We even had a DeLorean, as in the movie "Back to the Future". 
"Machines", or in this case, cars, can evoke memories, emotions, and curiosity.  That is why I like car shows.  
 
When I got home, I checked my e-mails and found the twice a day posting from the Cedar City News.  Imagine my surprise to find that I had made the news!  Here I was having my picture taken at the car show while I was taking a picture.  Life is sure interesting at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment