September 23, 2023

Happy Equinox

 

Today all over the world is the Equinox, where daylight and nighttime hours are the same length.  This happens twice a year.  The theme of the equinox is balance, equality, and harmony.  If you feel that you are out of balance physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually, this is the perfect time to set things right with some sort of spiritual activity such as a bowl burning,  a meditation,  or a visit to a sacred place such as a labyrinth or high energy place out in nature.  While participating in your chosen activity, set a strong intent that any imbalance be corrected.  The energy of the sun and the earth will collaborate on your behalf.  How wonderful that this happens twice a year!

Last night, I drove out to one of my favorite sacred locations to observe the setting sun.  This is the Parowan Gap.  Ancient people did their ceremonies here, and I like to imagine and feel that I am walking in their footsteps each time I visit the site. 

I left the house a bit later than I normally would, but got there in time to capture the setting sun going down through the gap.  As I watched the sun set, I strongly expressed my intent for balance and harmony in my life, at the same time allowing the power of the sun to enter my body to facilitate transformation.  Below are some of the photos of the event.




As soon as the sun disappeared, the real magic began!  If I am in town for the equinoxes and the summer solstice, I always go out to the gap.  I have been doing this for about 3 years now, and I have to say that I have never seen a sunset as brilliant as the one we had last night.  What a blessing!

The tiny glowing white spot in the photos below is the quarter moon.




I am thinking that I might go out there for the Winter Solstice if the weather is good and the ground is not too muddy.  That would involve a good deal of climbing around on the nearby hills to find the right vantage spot.  Perhaps this is the year for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment