June 6, 2023

Out and About

This past weekend, I hosted a visit from a dear friend who lives out of town.  She had never been here before, and I really wanted to pack in the activities in 3 short days!  It was a bit rainy, very uncharacteristic for May in the south west, but luckily not too hot.  Below are some of the photos I took at different places. 

After picking her up at the airport, we drove directly out to the Parowan Gap sacred site.  This is where I go for Solstice and Equinox ceremonies.  It is a sun calendar site with lots of amazing rock art lining the gap.  I have to say that it was wonderful sharing the sacred and elevated energy that is there there with a friend.




We barely made it back to the car before a hard blowing rain soaked everything! 

On the way back, I just had to stop on the side of the road west of the gap to take some photos.  It was muddy but well worth the effort.  The orange flowers are globe mallow, and the brilliant green is snake weed.



If you look closely near the top of this photo, you can see the Parowan Gap lit up by the sun.  I was facing the gap from the west side here.
The next day we went up into the mountains for a long hike before heading over to Cedar Breaks National Monument. The road past Cedar Breaks is closed in winter, because of heavy snow at 10, 300', and they had just opened it a few days before my friend arrived.  There was snow and mud up there, in addition to storm clouds and some rain. This is another place that I consider to be very sacred and highly energized. 



Here is a marmot that was watching us.  He probably just came out of hibernation!
After a quick stop at the Navajo Lake overlook, we headed back down to Cedar City.  I had posted a photo of the lake a few weeks ago, where you could see the dam under water.  This weekend, the water was so high because of the snow melt that the dam was not visible at all.
The last day, yesterday, we took a lovely hike close to town.  There were still plenty of wildflowers and cacti blooming. This first one is the Utah sate flower, a sego lily.




Today, I am recovering from an action packed weekend.  It was so very nice to spend time with a person of like mind, not only spiritually, but in many other ways also.  I am blessed!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment