June 24, 2023

Nusta of the Waters

Earlier this week, I drove up into the mountains to once again check out Navajo Lake.  This time, my goal was to hike part way around the lake and also to check out the state of the shoreline.  What a difference a year makes!  Because of the heavy snowfall we had this past winter, the lake was full to almost overflowing.  The lake has a dam that is used to keep the water in the western 2/3 for boating, fishing and other water activities.  The dam is now under so much water that it cannot be seen.

I had to walk through several small snow banks on the trail first.

Further down the trail, here is a view of the lake beyond the trees on the eastern end.  The water is just now receding from the hiking trail. 
Now out in the open, in the photo below that I took a year ago, you can see that the closer, eastern part of the lake was totally dry.  The blue area is beyond the dam.
Contrast that to the present day.  These 2 photos wee taken from approximately the same spot.
Not only is the dam totally under water now, but all of the beach areas around the lake are completely flooded. Here is the dam from last year.
 
Many trees are now standing in water. 

 
As I walked around, my attention was drawn to the water itself.  It was a deep blue that was turquoise in places.  Energetically, it felt like there were dancing spirits all over its surface. 


Aha!  I realized that these were the
Ñustas of the Waters.  These are feminine Goddess archetypes of nature.  What a good time they were having!  What joy!  Their lake hadn’t been this full with pristine snow melt in years. 

So I stopped here and there on my hike to send them great gratitude and appreciation, and pulled in all of that pure joy. 

Because of the large amount of snow in our area, the spring wildflowers are about 2 weeks behind blooming schedule.  Here are a few that are blooming in abundance now.

Delphinium.

Oregon Grape.
Silver leaf milk vetch.
Many of my favorite plants there are now under water along the shore.  This lake has no natural outlet, so the excess water has to evaporate or sink into the ground.  I know I will be going back several times over the summer to check things out! 

3 comments:

  1. I found this article about the Nustas very interesting to read, especially because it confirms something in my own spiritual practices that I wasn't sure about first... This year I started with instead of meditating only in my own home, to also do this in places in nature and then I would try to tune in/communicate with nature as well. I also practise tuning in/communicating with my dog because I would love to be an animal communicator too.
    A while ago I visited the marvellous beach of Le Touquet Paris-Plage in France.
    In a communication session with my dog, I asked her what she thought of the beach of Le Touquet Paris-Plage and then she answered something like "We had contact with many sea beings who wanted to help us, they were dancing all around us." (sometimes I get visual images, sometimes thoughts and sometimes emotions). When I read this in your article: "Energetically, it felt like there were dancing spirits all over its surface. " and "I realized that these were the Ñustas of the Waters. These are feminine Goddess archetypes of nature. What a good time they were having! What joy! "
    I thought to myself; Wow, this sounds somewhat similiar to the message I got of "We had contact with many sea beings who wanted to help us, they were dancing all around us." Because I'm new to tuning in and communicating in nature, I'm sometimes still not sure if what I receive is right or something I just made up myself, but because you perceived something somewhat similiar, I'm now very happy with confirmation that the message I received must definitely be true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment, Apollina! I have to add that I also throw some sort of offering into the water to thank the Nustas for their energy and service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for responding to my story about this experience! Currently I can't grow anything organic to use as an offering because of where I live (but my dreams have already repeatedly told me this going to change in the future so I'm very positive that one day I will live in a place where I can have an organic garden) so what I do right now is just taking some time to pick up thrash that is laying around nature, (especially plastic trash because plastic trash is the most damaging to all of nature) as an offering to nature and nature spirits whenever I have relaxed or walked in nature, meditated, tuned in or communicated to nature and nature spirits.

    ReplyDelete