March 19, 2023

Vernal Equinox

In my time zone, the Spring Equinox occurs at 3:24 PM on March 20th.  On this date in the past 2 years, I drove out to the Parowan Gap to view the sun setting through the gap.  Not so this year!  It has been cold and muddy, and as I write this, it is starting to rain.  This will continue for most of the next week.  So I will just have to settle for my usual bowl burning in between the rain drops.  Above is a photo from last year’s Vernal Equinox. 

As a side note, I went snow shoeing this morning, perhaps for the last time this season.  Sunday mornings are the best as there are very few people there.  Unfortunately, the space for parking is getting squeezed as the snow piles up, and the lot is getting pretty muddy. Here is a photo from the top of the snow pack where the snowshoe trail starts.  Looks like my car is in a hole!

Here it is from another angle.  Note the roofed structure further back.
It is the outhouse!
Supposedly it has been serviced, but how to get to it is the question.  Happy Equinox everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment