March 14, 2023

Hiking in the Desert

 


A few days ago I returned from a much needed hiking trip.  I met the group in Las Vegas where we stayed for 2 nights.  Our first full day of hiking was at the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada.   The day after, we drove to Death Valley in California for more fabulous hiking.  There had been a lot of hype about a possible super bloom of wildflowers at Death Valley, but that unfortunately did not materialize.  The weather there had been unusually cool up to that point.  I do not know if that affected the flowers, but I was disappointed that there were none to be found and photographed!  Nevertheless, the scenery was gorgeous and out of this world. 

Here are some photos from our first day at Valley of Fire State Park.  You can see why it is named after the bright red Aztec sandstone formations. 









In the next posts I will show more photos from the trip. 

1 comment: