December 17, 2023

The Dark Time of the Year

 

Let me start out by saying that those of you in the Southern Hemisphere can ignore a good deal of this post.  Your time will come in 6 months!

We are now in the darkest time of the year, leading up to the Winter Solstice on the 21st/22nd.  It is a time for quiet, solitude, and for tilling your fertile ground in preparation for planting your seeds of manifestation on the Solstice.  This is the organic way of being this time of year.

Most people are experiencing just the opposite right now!  Recently a friend of mine asked me why I do not do Christmas.  First of all, I am not a Christian, and do not celebrate any religious holidays. This morning, I realized that since I am in the Highly Sensitive Person category, holidays such as this can be overwhelming.  It is not like the 4th of July, for example, where you go to a parade, watch some fireworks, and that’s it.  Christmas goes on for days and days.

As a child, this time of year was simpler and relatively trauma free.  Back when I was married and had started on my spiritual path in a serious way, I just dreaded the holidays.  It got worse as the years went by.  When I got divorced and started my shamanic studies, I was literally ecstatic that I did not have to do this anymore.   

So regardless of your family and other obligations this time of year, I encourage all of you to take enough time for yourself each day.  Sit quietly and in a meditative state, gently go into the warm and dark space of the void.  Do your best to clear out all of the business and distraction in preparation for the Solstice and the planting of the new seeds for the coming year.  

For those of you in the Southern hemisphere,  you are having Summer Solstice coming up, but still all of the business of the holidays.  It is a mixed bag.  Nevertheless, take some time for yourself away from the holiday frenzy. 

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment