January 7, 2023

Winter Wonderland

Earlier today, I ventured up into our local mountains to do some snow shoeing.  Winter here started about a month early, and there are tons of snow in the higher elevations.  Because of that, all of the ski resorts in Utah opened up early, including our local Brian Head Resort, which was the first in the state to open for the season.

I was not able to access the grooming report for Deer Hollow, which is where I go, and was surprised to find just a few people up there, and no groomed trails!  Apparently, they had trouble with the grooming equipment this past week.  What I found was 4 to 5 feet of snow, many trees completely covered from the last snow earlier in the week, and a few rudimentary trails created by some hearty snow shoers and cross country skiers that were out yesterday.  The starting temps were in the single digits, it was bright and sunny, but fortunately, there was no wind.

What I like to do is to stop occasionally on the trail, take a deep breath, and soak up the ambiance.  It is so clean and clear.  I feel refreshed and renewed!  

Here are some of my photos of this enchanting winter wonderland.





Here is a pile of snow in the parking lot from the snow plow.  At least 10 feet high!
The view from the highway.

More snow is expected this week.  Fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment