October 14, 2022

North to Bryce Canyon

 

Today we were headed in a northerly direction to Bryce Canyon National Park.  I had been there several times before, but it is a place worth visiting numerous times.  We stopped at several of the overlooks, and did a bit of hiking before having lunch at the famous Ruby’s Inn.




That afternoon was one of the highlights of the trip.  In the morning, our guide towed 2 dune buggies to the trailhead to Peek-a-boo Slot Canyon and left them there while we continued on up to Bryce.  Upon returning, our guide drove one of them and the other traveler drove the other to the slot canyon.   I drove on the way back.  It was a crazy ride through fairly deep sand on a curvy road.  We all had helmets and were securely strapped in. This was my first time doing this sort of thing!   Before the trip, I had to sign a waiver that said that if I rolled the vehicle, I would have to pay a $1000 fee.  Probably the deductible on the vehicle.  Here is the slot canyon.  BTW—I also visited there in April before I know that this trip was planned!





Here are the dune buggies and some of the terrain that we drove through.





 One of the better days on the trip today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment