August 27, 2022

Walking a Labyrinth

 

Earlier today, I had the pleasure of walking a local labyrinth.  Over a year ago, I wrote about walking an outdoor labyrinth in Kayenta, a town west of St George, south of here. Click here to read about my experience. 

The labyrinth today was indoors at a local Episcopal Church.  Both labyrinths that I am referring to are copies of the original one that is located in the Cathedral of Chartres in France.  These are 11 circuit, or circle, labyrinths, and are classic in their style.  The one in Kayenta has aisles that are quite wide, enabling 2 people to pass each other easily.

I also used to walk the Redsun Labyrinth near Victor Montana when I lived near there.  It is a very large 108 feet in diameter, compared to Kayenta’s at 55 feet. Here it is below.  Clearly it is bigger than it looks in the photo!
The one I walked today had aisles that were quite narrow.  Luckily, there was only one other person walking at the same time as I was, and we only had to pass each other once.   I do not have a photo of it, but I can describe it as beautifully done in tiles of mottled blue for the aisles, and with a cream colored background. 

Walking a labyrinth is very much a mindfulness exercise.  One cannot go through it too quickly!  I believe my time today was a little over an hour.  There are many ways to do this, but my method has always been to mindfully intent to release anything that is no longer needed on the way in, and embrace my positive intents on the way out.  It is sort of like unwinding and clearing the DNA going in and winding it back up with higher dimensional energy on the way out. 

At several places on my walk in, it felt like I hit a heavy energetic barrier of some kind.  When that happened, I would stop in my tracks and ask “What do I need to be aware of clearing here?”  When that insight came, I would just intend to let that issue go, and I would then continue on my path. 

After pausing in the center of the labyrinth for meditation, I called in my positives on the way back out.  The church has just recently opened up for labyrinth walking after being closed for COVID.  I can now go each month on the last Saturday.  What a way to release and recharge.  Tomorrow is our launching group, on the last Sunday of the month.  So it looks like the last weekend of every month will be my time for spiritual self care.  Nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment