July 3, 2022

First July Launch

This month, July, we have 2 launchings, as July has 5 Sundays.  For the first time in a while, all 6 of us were in attendance.  Quite nice, especially since this is a holiday weekend.  I have an ice cream social with live patriotic band music to go to tonight, and tomorrow, there will be a 4th of July parade in the morning, and fireworks in the evening.  Fun!

Before I get to my launching experience of this morning, let me explain a situation that I have been dealing with all week, and was somewhat a distraction for today’s launch.  Years ago I had my DNA done by Ancestry.com.  Every once in a while, they would send out updates, but in general, I didn’t do much with the information.  Recently, they created a new technology that split one’s DNA between Parent 1 and Parent 2. You get to choose which is which.  I am ostensibly 100% Czechoslovakian, as both sides of the family came from around Prague before immigrating to the US.  There was always some Scandinavian DNA in the mix, but I didn’t think much of it, as I thought all Czech people had that, perhaps from Vikings going through Europe hundreds of years ago.  Boy was I wrong about that! 

Turns out that one of my parents had a lot of Scandinavian with very little Eastern European DNA.  After looking at the genetics of several other male family members, I determined that this was my father.  To make the story short, my father’s parentage has been in question since his birth, and we all assumed that the man who married my grandmother after he was born was his biological father.  The DNA told another story.  After doing some research on Ancestry.com, I lucked out and found my true genetic grandfather, a man who was born in Denmark and immigrated to the US and then to Chicago in 1910!  So I am making the adjustment from being 100% Czech with Czech relatives, traditions and food to 3 Czech grandparents and 1 Danish one.  Percentage wise, it is more like 45/45 with some extras thrown in. 

This has been a bit disorienting, so my intent for my launching today was to come back to my true self, whatever that may be.  When I launched, I found myself in a bubble of energy that started moving at a pretty good rate of speed.  The leading edge of the bubble was sending off sparks and flames, much like a space capsule would do upon entering the earth’s atmosphere.  I also remember passing through a series of pyramids from the bottom through the pointy top. 

Then I found myself gliding along a pathway that was lined on both sides with people.  Were these the spirits of my new found Danish ancestors welcoming me into the clan?  I felt that this was so.  In front of me on the path was the torso of a huge human figure, many stories high.  I couldn’t tell whether this was a statue, or some sort of guardian spirit of those people. 

I passed right through that being and found myself in a very shamanic realm where some sort of ceremony was being performed.  It was nighttime, fires were lit, and I could hear faint drumming and chanting.  At that time, I was called back from my journey.

It then occurred to me that perhaps my spiritual/shamanic leanings have come from this Danish lineage.  Certainly, this is not from my mother’s side of the family, but my father did have a softer and more spiritual side than any of his family members.  Before I sat down to write this, I signed up for a newsletter from a Shamanic Scandinavian group out of Copenhagen, Denmark.  Perhaps this is the true self that I will be getting back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment