June 13, 2021

Some Inspiration

 

A few weeks, ago, the Applied Precog group held their semi-annual on line conference, which I wrote about in a previous post.  One of the presenters was Stephen Wright, who runs a spiritual retreat center in the UK.  His lectures provide an interlude of spiritual wisdom to the proceedings. 

He was also kind and generous enough to e-mail his entire power point presentation to the group.  Most of the presentation features his favorite quotes, and I took a screen shot of one of them that I keep on my desk.  I thought I’d share it with you.  It is from a book entitled “I’m Dying to Take Care of You” by Candace Snow and David Willard. This is a book for caregivers.   Below is Stephen’s paraphrased version.

“Spirituality assures us that we are not alone”… that …”we do not have to be in control of others”… thereby allowing us to … “trust, to be honest and therefore vulnerable, and to live in acceptance of ourselves and others”… and to share a … “faith in a power greater than ourselves”. 

I find this quote very comforting.  It reminds me that a spiritual practice does not have to be complicated or rely on dogma.  A practice should however acknowledge that we are all one, and we all have an inner connection to ourselves and also a connection to a greater force in the universe.  That is all we need to know.  Plain and simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment