August 25, 2019

Success at Last!


I drove the 6 1/2 hours back from Cedar City, Utah yesterday, and am now catching up.  My main emotion today borders on euphoria!  I am so relieved that the training with Paul Smith met all of my expectations and more.  Above is the class photo, with Paul and his teaching assistant Angela Thomson Smith, in the middle.  We were at Cedar Breaks National Monument for a field trip on the last day of class. 

The CRV training was intense, with 2 days out of the 6 in class for about 12 hours.  Sleep time was at a premium!  On the plus side, Paul teaches only 2 students at a time, and he gets an additional teacher in if there are 3 or 4 students.  He is totally hands on, and everyone gets immediate feedback on the targets that they are working.  What a contrast to my previous training, where very little of the work was ever checked for accuracy.  I did very well, with just one part of the process that I am still trying to work out.  I don’t get my graduation certificate until I work 10 targets for Paul to evaluate.  Then it is back for the intermediate class.  Probably in at least 4 months or so. 

I am so relieved, and glad that my issues were due to the previous inadequate training, and not my lack of skill.  I am looking through my photos from the trip, and will post some of those soon.  Glad to be back! 

1 comment: