March 18, 2022

Spring Equinox

This evening I drove out to our local sacred site, the Parowan Gap, to enjoy the setting sun for the Spring Equinox.  What a difference from last year at this time!  Tonight it was balmy, no wind with a temperature in the low 50's.  Last year, I went out 3 nights in a row to get my photo.  The first night it was cloudy at sunset, the second night it started to rain at the appropriate time.  The third night, I finally got a decent photo, but it was bitterly cold and I was frozen like a pop sickle!  I realize that I am a day ahead of time, but we will have some bad weather coming in, so tonight was my best opportunity.  On top of that, I was the only one there at this very special site.  Wonderful!  I will do my bowl burning tomorrow night here at home.

So this is just a reminder to do some sort of ceremony or honoring of this occasion. The Equinox is all about balance, so if your life is out of balance in any way, please address that now.  It is a powerful time to do so.  As each one of you shifts, we can affect the world in a positive way.

1 comment: