August 12, 2016

Rocky Mountain High

Not much going on here, so I thought I'd share photos of a hike I took this week.  This was my first time on this particular trail, and it did not disappoint!  After driving up into the mountains almost 2 hours, I set off on a fairly steep trail through a lush forest.  The trail was crossed by several small but sparkling rivulets.
A gray jay flitted through the trees.
About an hour up, the trail broke through the trees and onto the top of a grassy ridge.
There were drop offs on each side of the ridge.

The orange sneeze weed was in full bloom. 

More big vistas on the way back down the trail.  I could have stayed up there all day!
Back to the car.  Shortly after setting off on the return drive, I encountered a small herd of very cute long horn cattle grazing in their summer pasture.  Ahhh!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment