March 3, 2024

Jungle Mayan Ruins

I am getting ready to head out on another trip in a few days, so I will be out of communication for several weeks.  This trip features visits to Copan in Honduras and Tikal in Guatemala.  These 2 sites have been on my bucket list for at least 15 years.  I have never been to either one.  I just remembered this morning that I had actually booked this trip with different groups and with slightly different itineraries 3 times previously!  One of the trips was canceled by the tour company, and I backed out of the other two for various reasons.

When the time is right, things just fall into place.  That is what happened here.  Unless I am absolutely enthralled with these ruins, this will be a one and done.  I will check them off of my list!  I have another bucket list trip coming up in a few months, and that will be it for now. 

There is a lot of benefit to waiting for the right time.  On the other hand, I know of people who make excuses for not jumping onto an opportunity that presents.  This is a delicate balance that requires knowing oneself completely, and being willing to follow guidance and trust.  If one knows oneself completely, the decision is easy.  If however there are unhealed issues that prevent the moving forward, those need to be addressed.  Sometimes we just need to take that leap of faith and go for it. 

Travel isn’t getting any easier, and I am not getting any younger, so I am going for it now!  When I get back, I will be posting photos and writing about the exciting experiences that I know I will have.  Stay tuned! 

3 comments: