November 2, 2023

Three Labyrinths

 

So here I am.  I got back from a fairly grueling and action packed trip to Peru about a week ago.  It has taken me this long to get readjusted and back into my routine!  I do not plan to detail the trip, only some highlights and interesting adventures that I had.  But for today, this post is a good start.

In the past 2 weeks, I had an opportunity to walk 3 different labyrinths.  The first one was in Peru, and the other 2 were here after I got back. One of the hotels that our group stayed in was near Urubamba in the Sacred Valley.  This valley is located in between Cusco and Machu Picchu, and is at an elevation of about 9,000'.  This was probably the loveliest of the various places where we stayed, and I was told that it is a known “destination” resort for weddings.  The whole valley and the surrounding mountains are full of Inca ruins and terraces.  Here are some photos of the resort, which is on the grounds of a former Spanish hacienda.





After 3 days there, I finally had a chance to wander around the grounds.  To my surprise, I found a labyrinth tucked away on the back of the property!  It was somewhat crudely done and overgrown with grass, but that didn’t matter to me. 
I held my small crystal skull, “The Traveler”, and expressed my great gratitude and appreciation while I walked.  This skull goes with me for every trip and brings the energy of those special places back to the rest of the skulls in my house. 

Since it was later in the afternoon, the resident alpacas had been put away in their nearby enclosure.  They watched me while I walked.   I fed then some alfalfa as a reward!



Last Saturday was the monthly walk at our local labyrinth at the Cedar City Episcopal Church.  I do not have any photos of it, but I will try to remember to take some next time.

Wednesday, November 1st, All Saints Day, I had a special event to attend south in St George, so I thought that I would walk the Desert Rose outdoor labyrinth while I was down there.  It is located west of town out in a fairly scrubby and deserted area.  When I got there, there was a sizeable group from a local retreat center walking, so I sat on a bench and waited until they were finished.  That was a nice tranquil interlude. 

 


So for all 3 labyrinths, my intent was to release anything that did not serve me on the way into the center, and embrace all of the positives on the way out.  What a nice way to re anchor myself after the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment