October 12, 2013

A Glitch


It seems that there has been a glitch in the e-mailing of the blog posts since the beginning of October.  I do not know how many subscribers have been affected, or if it is everyone.  I receive the posts via e-mail just to keep tabs on them and was able to resubscribe without a problem.  I have heard from several people that when they tried to do that, a message came up that said that they were already subscribers. 

Google runs this whole operation, so I trust that they will straighten it out eventually.  As is now widely known, Google has been allowing the NSA access to all of its customer’s information.  In some wild moments of fantasy I started thinking that I have become a threat to national security and that the blog is being restricted.  Ha!!!  I don’t think so as the posts are still getting posted. 

If we look at the bigger picture with all of this, I can see how these types of technological glitches will become more and more common in relation to many aspects of day to day life.  We can no longer take for granted that technology will do things automatically and correctly.  In a way this is a good thing, as it will require us to reengage with so much of the minutia of life that up until now has been taken care of for us.  We will have to slow down and pay closer attention to what is going on. 

Glitches do happen.  I have been paying my garbage pickup bill through automatic withdrawals from my checking account.  Last month, I got a statement in the mail and just thought that my automatic withdrawal plan had been discontinued.  I paid the bill only to find that the automatic withdrawal had happened, too.   Both payments got recorded and so now I have a credit, but there may be many people who would ignore the whole business and not check up on things. 

This also brings me to the subject of the “Technosphere”, which is the energetic matrix of technology and electronics that now surrounds the earth.  It is a marvelous creation that has made life easier for many in many ways, but there is a down side to it, too.  We live in a world of polarity so this electronic matrix will have its pluses and minuses.   Each person has to weigh the personal advantages and disadvantages of how and how much they will engage in the Technosphere. 

So until this issue is corrected by Google, please continue to check the blog for new posts.  If I go out of town, I always post some kind of heads up.  Perhaps this post will get e-mailed out as always, and the problem is solved.  If not, just know that I highly value the support of everyone who takes the time to read what I have written here.  Blessings to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment