February 9, 2020

How to Work with a Crystal Skull

I collect crystal skulls.  It all started when I sat with “Max the Crystal Skull” in Missoula in 2002.  At that time, I purchased a very tiny skull from Joanne Parks, the guardian of Max.  That skull got packed away, as I moved to Colorado the following year.  In 2008, I attended the Durango Whole Expo, and there was a man there who had a booth featuring crystal skulls.  I was hooked, and have purchased quite a few since then. I immediately unearthed "Mini Max" and started my collection.  Over the years since then, I have kept most of my skulls, but there are many that I have given away. 

This week I received my very first gifted skull from a high school friend of mine.  All of the other skulls I own have been handpicked by me.  To do this, I just let the skull “speak” to me, either when I look at it, or feeling into the vibration when I pick it up.  The vast majority of skulls out there are composed of some type of quartz crystal, which can store and transmit energetic patterns.  Also, they can communicate with each other and share energetic information. 
So when you are shopping for a skull, and encounter a selection of them in a rock shop or perhaps a tourist venue, relax and are open to your impressions.  The skull that is meant for you may shout out to get your attention!  That is what happened when I sat with “Einstein the Skull of Consciousness” last year in Sedona.  His guardian had brought a selection of other skulls that were for sale, and the energy from one of them was so distracting that it was hard to concentrate on Einstein.  I didn’t even bother to look at the others. 

Your next step would be to pick up the skull and hold it.  How does your body feel?  How do your hands feel when you hold it?  Are you getting any energy flows?  At the same time, give it a good look over.  Do you like the style of the carving?  Is there any damage to it?  Remember that the size of the skull does not necessarily matter.  I have some very small ones that really pack a punch energetically.  When purchasing a skull, go with your guts and intuition. 

Once you have brought the skull home, I recommend cleaning it thoroughly.  I like to hold mine under cold running water, and then wipe it off completely to remove any imprints for people who have come in contact with it.  No special cleansers are necessary. 

In the case of my newly gifted skull, it was chosen by my friend with the help of the rock shop owner, since my friend didn’t know much about which skull to choose.  I have to say that the rock shop guy must have been really tuned in, because the skull is perfect for me.  It is a chevron amethyst.  In the photo here, you can see the chevron pattern on the top of the head.   
This is an especially potent spiritual stone.  Amethyst is also my birth stone, which my friend didn’t know.  You can also research the properties of any stone in books or the internet.

My next step, which would also be yours once you have cleansed your skull, is to sit quietly in a meditative state with the skull in your hands.  Once you have relaxed and tuned in, the first thing that you do is to ask your skull what its name is.  It is important to take the first name you get, no matter how strange it may sound.  Most of mine have given me their names, but I do have a few unnamed ones.  The 2 skulls that I bought from Einstein’s guardian were named by her, but when I asked them, I got different names.  Some of my skull’s names are Sun Dancer, Mama Love, Destiny, Claude, Ivan, Maya, Hunab Ku, The Traveler, Lover Boy, and George to name a few. 

Next, you might want to ask about what that skull’s energetic specialty is.  It could be healing, journeying, gathering some sort of information, comforting, or facilitating deep meditation.  You may also choose to not research the mineral that your stone is made of until you have received the above information. 

This is what I got for my newly gifted skull.  She is female, and would like to be called Dolly.  Her specialty is inner exploration.  I must note that the vast majority of skulls are male, perhaps because they are all as far as I know, carved by male carvers.  After I got this information from Dolly, I then looked up chevron amethyst, and found out that it is indeed a very powerful stone for journeying into your inner consciousness.

At this point, you can place your skull anywhere in your environment, and also work with it according to its area of expertise.  More information can be gathered, too.  It is important to mention that, since you are the creator and center of your reality, the skulls are actually mirroring back to you some aspect of yourself.  Because of this, working with crystal skulls is a great way to get to know who you are as a multidimensional being.  They all have a story to tell.  And most importantly, have fun!  Maybe you will catch skull fever, too!

1 comment: