July 4, 2020

Some Fun


Today is the 4th of July, Independence Day here in the US.  Traditionally, there are parades, picnics and fireworks happening.  Because of the corona virus, it is my understanding that many areas of the country have canceled their festivities.  Not here in Cedar City, as the parade and fireworks are still on the schedule.  Since I am still new here, I decided to check out the parade in the center of town this morning.  To my surprise, I encountered lots of people lining the streets, no social distancing and only a few people wearing masks.  It was so nice to attend a community event that was loads of fun.  Here are some photos.

The theme was “The Spirit of ‘76”.  This horse was reluctant to proceed down the street, and a police woman had to get him going.
Here we have a reenactment of the British Redcoats attacking the colonists.
Cute kids with flags.
Rodeo queen.
Wouldn't you like to have this job?  Someone has to clean up the horse poop! 
Iron County Queen.
Funky vehicles. 



Here's one with my name on it.  Ha!
We finished up with the fire trucks with sirens blaring. 
It had been so many years since I attended a 4th of July parade, and I was truly touched.  In spite of all of the challenges that we are facing right now, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  We will pull through our current difficulties and come out the other side different and hopefully much improved.  Keep the faith! 

No comments:

Post a Comment