April 5, 2020

Something Strange

Was I time tripping last night?  It was around 9 PM when my phone rang.  I saw from the caller ID that it was my sister calling from her cell phone.  I picked up, but there was no one there.  After I hung up, I noticed that I had a message on my machine (That’s right, I still have an answering machine!)  I listened to the message, and it was from 10:30 that morning!  I had been out hiking, and always check messages when I get home, and there were none at that time. 

So I called her back, and indeed she had called that morning and left the message.  As you know, when something like this happens, it throws you off of your center a bit.  I had a brief visit to the land beyond.  She did have an explanation, however.  Apparently with all of the people staying at home, many more are talking on the phone, and things are getting jammed up.  So her call and message were delayed by about 10 hours.  My phone service is with TDS, and maybe the holdup was there.  Who knows?  I have also heard that Zoom is having some issues because of the multitudes using it now.

As I am writing this, I have a vague memory that this may have happened recently here before, where I do not hear the phone ring, and a bit later, I see that I have a message, so I will be paying closer attention from now on.  Ah the magic of technology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment